Free School Meals
You may be able to save £361. If you receive state benefits, your child may be entitled to free school meals.
Who is entitled to free school meals?
Your child or children may qualify for free school meals if you are able to meet the following criteria:
- You or your partner have a child for whom you receive child benefit and who is attending a school or college in Wrexham
And you and your partner are:
- Receiving Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Receiving Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) with an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) not exceeding £16,190
- Receive support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Receive Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA (IR))
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
How to apply for free school meals
Applying for free school meals is a lot easier than you might think. If you think you may be eligible for free school meals you should apply to the LEA using the free school meal application form.
For further information, contact:
Ms Katherine Evans 01978 295522