All Weather Pitch
Our all weather pitch is available to hire as a half or full pitch. Please contact us to make a booking.
The school works very closely with Coleg Cambria in a number of capacities. In the first instance, pupils from Ysgol y Grango attend a great variety of ‘collaborative’ courses at the main town center campus as well as subsidiary sites e.g. Bersham Road.
Some examples of the courses available are Bricklaying, Construction, Engineering, Computing, Economics, Psychology, Performing Arts and Hair and Beauty. Representatives from Coleg Cambria are frequently involved in Parents Evenings, Careers Events and Assemblies, to ensure all pupils have an excellent level of awareness of the opportunities available to them when they leave Ysgol y Grango.
Visit the Coleg Cambria website to find out more.
Extended School Partnerships
At Ysgol y Grango High School, we work very closely with a wide range of external training providers to ensure that all pupils maximize their attainment by engaging in a truly appropriate curriculum. Some examples of organizations we currently work with are:
- MPCT - BTEC Public Services through an active and practical curriculum
- Nantyr - Outdoor Education including kayaking, bush craft and rock climbing
- IteC - Effective Team Membership Course
- The Phoenix Project - Personal Fire Safety Awareness
- Forest School - Bush craft, sourcing and using raw materials for sustainable living
- Principality - Business Link
All of the above provision leads to nationally recognized qualifications as well as developing self-esteem, confidence, team working and communication.